I got an oppportunity to go to shoot the remaining days of the Kansas regular goose season. We rented a cabin in the state park and freelanced outside of the places we already had set up. Our host wound up setting us up in his personal pit blind with a roll top cover. Let me tell you, that thing was the shizzlets. I like roll tops!!! We killed specs, cacklers and greaters.
Our host was a crusty old waterfowler. He and I talked about making calls and I mentioned the groves of Bois De Arc trees in the area. He went home and brought back a 100 year old Bois De Arc fence post. I am going to make a set of 5 speckle belly goose calls with it and give one to each member of the group.
It was below 20 degrees every morning. In the wind it is butt arse cold. Out of the wind and I could have walked around in a sweatshirt and jeans. This was a great place in the world and I am going back.
Our host was a crusty old waterfowler. He and I talked about making calls and I mentioned the groves of Bois De Arc trees in the area. He went home and brought back a 100 year old Bois De Arc fence post. I am going to make a set of 5 speckle belly goose calls with it and give one to each member of the group.
It was below 20 degrees every morning. In the wind it is butt arse cold. Out of the wind and I could have walked around in a sweatshirt and jeans. This was a great place in the world and I am going back.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire