mercredi 9 avril 2014

New to boating. a couple questions for you guys..

Well I've been fishing my entire life but I've always used a kayak or waded. I've has a couple small riveted john boats that only had a trolling motor or a small tiller. I just recently purchased I guess u could say "real" boat. Its a tracker allweld 1754 with a mercury 60 horse. I really enjoy fishing rivers and bays. My first question is about running your boat in shallow water. I have put in on the trinity a few times and I have already broke the prop that came on the boat. I hit a rock and it spun the prop and broke 2 of the blades. I just bought a new prop for it. I got a power tech stainless. To be honest it really worries me how much stuff have have been hiting. I mean even if I drive slow and keep and eye out there is just so much stuff right under the surface u just can't see.and I always see other boats just flying by like they aren't worried about a thing? Do you guys just cross your fingers and go?



My second question is on fish finders. I got a laurance elite 7 hdi. The first time I ever took the boat out it worked perfectly. But since then, anytime I got over 25mph it stops reading the depth. Like it cant keep up with the boat. And it didnt do that before? Do yall think its possible I hit the transducer on something and damaged it?



Let me know what yall think.



Thanks, Alex:texasflag




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire